Hair Growth Steroids Finasteride / Proscar CAS 98319-26-7 Powder
Product Name: Finasteride
Finasteride Medical uses
1. Prostate enlargement
Physicians sometimes use finasteride for the treatment of BPH, informally known as an enlarged prostate. Finasteride may improve the symptoms associated with BPH such as difficulty urinating, getting up during the night to urinate, hesitation at the start of urination, and decreased urinary flow. It provides less symptomatic relief than alpha-1 blockers such as tamsulosin and symptomatic relief is slower in onset (six months or more of treatment with finasteride may be required to determine the therapeutic results of treatment). Symptomatic benefits are mainly seen in those with prostate volume > 40 cm3. In long-term studies finasteride but not alpha-1 inhibitors reduce the
riskof acute urinary retention (−57% at 4 years) and the need for surgery (−54% at 4 years). If the drug is discontinued, any therapeutic benefits reverse within about 6–8 months.
2. Pattern hair loss
Finasteride is sometimes used to treat pattern hair loss (androgenetic alopecia) in men only. Treatment slows further hair loss and provides about 30% improvement in hair loss after six months of treatment, with effectiveness only persisting as long as the drug is taken. Finasteride has also been tested for pattern hair loss in women; the results were no better than placebo.
3. Excessive hair growth
Finasteride has been found to be effective in the treatment of hirsutism (excessive facial and/or body hair growth) in women, In a study of 89 women with hyperandrogenism due to persistent adrenarche syndrome, finasteride produced a 93% reduction in facial hirsutism and a 73% reduction bodily hirsutism after 2 years of treatment. Other studies using finasteride for hirsutism have also found it to be clearly effective.
4. Transgender women
Finasteride is sometimes used in hormone replacement therapy for transgender women in combination with a form of estrogen due to its antiandrogen properties. However, little clinical research of finasteride use for this purpose has been conducted and evidence of efficacy is limited.
How should I take Proscar?
1. Take Proscar exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take it in larger amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
2. Take this medicine with a full glass of water.
3. Proscar can be taken with or without food. Take the medicine at the same time each day.
4. To be sure Proscar is helping your condition and not causing harmful effects, your blood may need to be tested often. Your doctor will also test your prostate specific antigen (PSA) to check for prostate cancer. Visit your doctor regularly.
5. Use Proscar regularly to get the most benefit. Get your prescription refilled before you run out of medicine completely.
6. Store Proscar at room temperature away from moisture, heat, and light. Keep the bottle tightly closed when not in use.
Testosterone Sustanon 250